Thursday, January 15, 2009

You gave your girls life into the hands of doctors,
Abusing her unborn body with tools of terror,

Without a voice she asked to live,
With your choice, the life she asked to have,
You gave away, murdered in the eyes of pain,

Until you lost her you didn’t know what you had,
When you had her you didn’t feel this bad,
But this time it’s too late, given away by your own hand,
Erase from your heart her arrival date,
And the memories of this man,

The man who slept with you and got scared,
The man who enjoyed your body and never cared,
They’re both gone, you knew it wasn’t right,
Leaving you in shame,
You were wrong, making life and taking it away,

Wondering what color her eyes would have been,
Would she have had your hair, and attitude of fire,
You thought you could be stronger, how could this be,
You can’t take this any longer; you need to be set free,

Nobody knows, no one will ever know,
You lie to yourself and think no one cares,
But someone does, God hears your prayers,

A prescription drug, who would have thought,
A lethal bug, against your life it fought,
Dying of an overdose, leaving family behind you,
Canceling the life you chose, for something greater,
On the floor, for them to see, leaving life silently.

3 comments:

  1. Good job Jessica! This poem speaks truth that needs to be heard. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I would have said it,
    Once It was true,
    Once I know I would've,
    Been Just Like you.

    Now I know He loves Me,
    Not because of what I do,
    No, I have nothing in me,
    And my heart doesn't have a clue.

    Why should the God of Heaven,
    Care for crud like me,
    Why love me enough to die,
    The death Upon the tree?

    Why live a life of pure love,
    Save those who to Him would come,
    Give His life into the hands,
    Of those who would reap the benefits of Love?

    Why leave His home in Heaven,
    Be born of woman meek,
    Why sit in quite subjection,
    Receiving marks upon each cheek?

    Why shed tears of blood in the garden,
    Heal those who would not love Him,
    Open arms for nails of cruelty,
    Pay the debt of guilt though not guilty?

    All for one,
    Just one us to save,
    All for only one,
    Oh, the tears on His face.

    His arms are still open,
    His love flows down,
    From the piercings in His hands,
    In His head, from the thorns in the crown

    He loves My little sister,
    More than I'll ever know,
    And I know He'll spare it nothing,
    His love to her to show.

    Your big sister cares about and loves you so much it physically hurts....I love you Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anna, my awesome sister.

    ReplyDelete