Friday, January 9, 2009

I took him out on the deck,
He reached his hand up and rubbed his neck,
I asked him if he had anything to say,
He told me to tell his wife and kids,
To tell them that he was sorry, and not to worry
He was sorry for the things he did,
He would be okay; he was at peace,
On the last day, the day I took his breath away,
A death by hanging, but he wasn’t afraid,
Taken in for man-slaughter, two deaths taken a little further,
I led him up to the platform,
His breathing heavy, his skin warm,
I tied the rope around his neck,
Kick away his standing block,
Step back and watch his body wreck,
Watching his silent scream, and his soul leave,
I heard the snap as his body hung limp,
And I knew there was no life within,
With a cloth over his face,
He will meet his eternal resting place.

No comments:

Post a Comment